Passionate Marketer Wanted! Part Time –10-15hrs p/week (approx.)
**NOW FILLED** We are on the hunt for a passionate Marketer to join our team in a part time capacity, to take responsibility for all things Marketing! We need a passionate, energetic, organised, goal focused, innovative, community minded person to help us take our business to the next level.
We are a Yoga Studio with a few differences! Our goal is simple –we want to make Yoga accessible to everyone –so, new, old and never tried it yogis…and your role would be all about getting our message out there, and getting more people into our studio to fall in love with our amazing community and vibe.
There is a heap to tell you – about our studio, our plans and where you can make a huge impact which we will do in person. But here is a brief overview of what you could be doing in this role:
- Marketing Material – you’d be responsible for creating the marketing collateral to promote our events and initiatives. We’ve got some great existing templates but you’ll take responsibility for the full end to end process, so putting them togetherthough to printing and distribution. You’ll probably put your touch on them and make some improvements too!
- Social Media & Facebook groups – you’ll be responsible for creating memes and planning the content, growing our following, drivingthe facebook communities and the engagement. This is all about inspiring, informing and energizing our audience to do yoga and improve their health & their lives!
- Sales, Marketing & Advertising initiatives – you’ll be part of the brainstorming process for sales and ways to deliver more value to our amazing student base. You’ll then take those decisions and form a marketing strategy to co-ordinate an awesome result!
- Email Communications, Memes& Blogs – You’ll be responsible for our monthly newsletters, ad-hoc email communications, blogs and info memes. So you’ll need to love writing and have a way with words
- Website Updates – You’ll be confident working in wordpress and be able to make basic updates to the content on the website, as necessary
- Collaborations & Business Partnerships – You’ll be representing our brand and exploring ways to collaborate with like minded businesses, and offer our community and students exciting different things to keep them inspired and interested.
- Community Events – You’ll be involved in organizing our community marketing events such as our Christmas parties, Birthday parties and things like pop up yoga events, to share our message & thank our community.
There’s probably a whole bunch more but hopefully that gives you an idea! This is an autonomous role working from your home office as well as out of our studio.
You’ll thrive on responsibility and will love being left with clear directions and the ability to just get on with it. We are a small family business, with big growth goals, so you’ll need to be willing to roll your sleeves up and get involved with lots of different things to support the business to grow and thrive.
………So – if you are feeling excited after reading the above and you want to join a passionate team who want to make a difference to peoples lives then read on to see if you are the right fit for us!
Skills & Experience wise, we are quite flexible but in general we are looking for someone who:
- Tertiary qualification with 3-4 years of hands on marketing experience, with exposure within that experience to a small business working environment.
- Someone who likes Yoga. You need to have a genuine interest in yoga and a willingness to understand the business side of the health and fitness industry
- Your communication flows naturally – witty, professional, graceful words and you’ll easily write in the tone that suits our business and community.
- You have awesome organisation and administration skills and will naturally follow yourself up, and those around you that you are relying on to make sure you meet your/our goals
- You will have worked in a remote/home based role before, and be used to working with cloud based/ shared systems including spreadsheets, creative marketing suites and social media platforms. You’ll be extremely savvy on social media and be willing and used to teaching yourself new systems and skills
- You’ll have a high attention to detail and a great memory and you’ll be confident to check your own work and make sure it’s perfect before you hit the publish button
- Decision making skills – you’ll understand the end goal and you’ll be used to making the little decisions needed to get it done. We’ll always have your back and you’ll have lots of support when you need it – but ultimately you’ll be responsible for getting on with it
- You’ll have loads of energy and care about your own health
- You’ll be friendly, outgoing and genuinely care for others
- You’ll be willing & able to work flexible hours, mostly throughout the week and occasionally on the weekend (to make yourself available for any event you’ve arranged for the weekend that needs your attendance)
- You’ll definitely have an interest in taking photos and doing basic photo editing to make them look appealing and basic videoing/editing skills would be hugely helpful but not essential.
So – if the above sounds like you and you are wanting to join a business who rewards loyalty, responsibility and accountability, encourages fun, and incentivises new ideas, revenue generation and going beyond the call of duty – then you should get in touch!
Please apply by following the instructions below. Please send an email answering these questions in the body of the email and attaching your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please briefly summarise for me your most relevant experience for this role?
- Please tell me what parts of the above got your attention? Tell me the 2 bits that ‘stood out to you’ and got you excited?
- Tell me about a marketing campaign that you have been involved in that you are particularly proud of? What made it stand out for you, what was your role?
- We can’t all be great at everything. Which parts of the above role will you need to learn?
- Why does a part time role approximately 10-15 hours a week interest you? Please tell me about your lifestyle, other commitments, current work commitments etc and how this would fit in?
- What are you looking for in your next job to make you feel motivated and excited?
- What makes you the perfect candidate for us? Tell me why we should pick up the phone to meet with you?
- Anything else you’d like to tell us?
Thanks for your time. All applications will be responded to, and we appreciate the time you have taken to complete this application. Please be patient with us in the meantime 😃