Yoga IS for everyone, and there IS a perfect class out there for you. Yoga can be called many different things and when you are starting out, it can be really intimidating.
We’ve tried to keep our names and explanation simple. Remember that you are welcome at every class, regardless of your experience level. The teacher is qualified and ready to guide you through, regardless of your starting point.
- Power Yoga – A strong power styled yoga, meaning you keep moving and flowing between positions building internal heat in your body. This is definitely a vigorous and energetic form of yoga and the time will fly by as you build strength by holding positions for a few breaths. Think building arm, core and leg strength! These classes are great if you are fit, or want to get fit quickly. Don’t be intimidated by the fact they are ‘strong’, every level from beginner to advanced is accommodated.
- Ashtanga – This is structured Vinyasa class which follows a set sequence of positions. The class starts with Sun Salutes (both A & B) to warm you up, then moves through standing positions, inversions and seated positions. The sun salutes will warm you up and get you sweating and variations are always offered in every position so you can make it as strong as you want, or give you the ability to modify to suit your body and your pace. Every level from beginner to advanced is accommodated and you’ll quickly notice your progress each week as the majority of the positions will be repeated.
- Beginners Yoga – This is a beginners basic level flowing yoga class where we will focus is on learning and alignment (meaning – doing the postures correctly for your unique body). These classes vary, depending on the teacher, however they will cover the most common postures in a Yoga Flow class, to help you to build your confidence and foundational knowledge in those positions. The pace is slower than Yoga Flow or Power Yoga class and you can expect to be given 3-4 more cues, per position.
- Yoga Flow – This is a vinyasa styled class that is full of flowing sequences connected to build heat, strengthen your body and release tight muscles and tension with a relaxation element towards the end. Each class will be different, based on the teacher and the day! Variations are offered for all levels so perfect if you are just starting out, or also if you are a seasoned yogi.
- Yin Yoga (Stretch) This class will work on the aches and pains you’ve created through your dynamic exercise, which may have been Yoga, Crossfit, Running, or just sitting at a desk for too many hours each day, or working hard ‘on the tools’! Not always a relaxing class, this class challenges your muscles to release their tension through holding positions for a long period of time. The length of time in each position means that you also work hard on breathing and focusing your mind. The focus on the breathing is to encourage the muscles to release, increasing your flexibility over time. This class may leave you feeling stiff and sore, but it is an extremely beneficial class for active exercisers or people who are on their feet all day. Typical props are bolsters, blankets, eye masks, straps
- Flow & Go – This is a 45 minute express vinyasa/yoga flow class, to get you energised, build some heat, then slow you down, ready to face the world again! Perfect for when you want to ‘squeeze’ in a bit of yoga, but feeling a bit short on time. Variations offered for all levels!
- Flow & Yin – A combination class that lasts for 90 luxurious minutes, where you’ll warm yourself up with a Yoga Flow, then chill out with deep Yin holds, to stretch and restore your body. Offered on a Friday evening to get you ready to walk away feeling amazing before you hit the weekend.
- Bring Your Baby – This is a gentle Yoga Flow/ Post Natal class for anyone caring for a Newborn – Active Crawling Baby. Picture a Gentle Yoga Flow….with the purpose being for YOU to move your body, get a bit of gentle strength and stretching happening….as well as a bit of relaxation and breathing in an entirely comfortable environment for you and Bub.
- Bring Your Toddler – This is a regular fortnightly Yoga Flow class with your toddlers in the room, playing with toys and each other. Sometimes they join us on the mat, sometimes they just run around. It’s usually noisy! But it’s a good noise, as you move your body and find a bit of relaxation and zen amongst the chaos!
- Meditation A regular fortnightly class, this is a perfect hour of relaxation, breathing, focusing the mind and slowing everything down. On a Saturday afternoon, it makes your weekend feel calm, chilled and have you feeling like absolute bliss. Never tried meditation before? This class is the perfect starting place for you. Experienced Meditator? Come and learn new skills
EVERY Yoga Class can be tailored to your individual situation, injuries, strength and energy on that day. Don’t be afraid to come early to have a chat to the teacher before class.