Yoga IS for everyone, and there IS a perfect class out there for you. Yoga can be called many different things and when you are starting out, it can be really intimidating.
We’ve tried to keep our names and explanation simple. Remember that you are welcome at every class, regardless of your experience level. The teacher is qualified and ready to guide you through, regardless of your starting point.
- Power Yoga – A strong power styled yoga, meaning you keep moving and flowing between positions building internal heat in your body. This is definitely a vigorous and energetic form of yoga and the time will fly by as you build strength by holding positions for a few breaths. Think building arm, core and leg strength! These classes are great if you are fit, or want to get fit quickly. Don’t be intimidated by the fact they are ‘strong’, every level from beginner to advanced is accommodated.
- Beginners Yoga – This is a beginners basic level flowing yoga class where we will focus is on learning and alignment (meaning – doing the postures correctly for your unique body). These classes vary, depending on the teacher, however they will cover the most common postures in a Yoga Flow class, to help you to build your confidence and foundational knowledge in those positions. The pace is slower than Yoga Flow or Power Yoga class and you can expect to be given 3-4 more cues, per position.
- Yoga Flow – This is a vinyasa styled class that is full of flowing sequences connected to build heat, strengthen your body and release tight muscles and tension with a relaxation element towards the end. Each class will be different, based on the teacher and the day! Variations are offered for all levels so perfect if you are just starting out, or also if you are a seasoned yogi.
- Progressive Flow This is a dynamic or more advanced version of a yoga flow class – to encouraging you to explore the next stage or level of your practice. Encouraging you to explore advancing yourself, your postures, your mind and your self. Scheduled for yogis who are familiar with the yoga basics, our progressive flow classes will allow you to progress your practice, to dig a little deeper and to move your body in a new way.
- Yin Yoga (Stretch) This class will work on the aches and pains you’ve created through your dynamic exercise, which may have been Yoga, Crossfit, Running, or just sitting at a desk for too many hours each day, or working hard ‘on the tools’! Not always a relaxing class, this class challenges your muscles to release their tension through holding positions for a long period of time. The length of time in each position means that you also work hard on breathing and focusing your mind. The focus on the breathing is to encourage the muscles to release, increasing your flexibility over time. This class may leave you feeling stiff and sore, but it is an extremely beneficial class for active exercisers or people who are on their feet all day. Typical props are bolsters, blankets, eye masks, straps
- Flow & Yin – A combination class that lasts for 90 luxurious minutes, where you’ll warm yourself up with a Yoga Flow, then chill out with deep Yin holds, to stretch and restore your body. Offered on a Friday evening to get you ready to walk away feeling amazing before you hit the weekend.
- Meditation A regular fortnightly class, this is a perfect hour of relaxation, breathing, focusing the mind and slowing everything down. On a Saturday afternoon, it makes your weekend feel calm, chilled and have you feeling like absolute bliss. Never tried meditation before? This class is the perfect starting place for you. Experienced Meditator? Come and learn new skills
EVERY Yoga Class can be tailored to your individual situation, injuries, strength and energy on that day. Don’t be afraid to come early to have a chat to the teacher before class.