Join Steph for a 2hr ‘Balance Basics Workshop’ on Saturday, 17th Feb || 10.30am – 12.30pm
The Balanced Basics workshop, taken by Steph, will teach you the philosophy of balancing while learning basic anatomy in each posture. You will learn how to activate the correct core muscles which will enable you to hold, or get into, the balancing pose with ease. You’ll spend time reflecting on the Ashtanga Yoga Tristana Method and understand how it incorporates breath, posture and drishti.
Working through these basic balancing principles and poses, you will develop a deeper connection to the practice of yoga both mentally and physically. All the while, building a core strength and strong sense of balance that will help in everyday activities.
In this workshop you will learn:
– Core muscle activation, correct alignment, breath & its relationship with movement and basic anatomy terms
– Ashtanga Yoga Tristana reflection and how this creates balance to the practice through breath, posture, gaze
– A mix of standing, seated and arm balances
– An option of ‘playtime’! This will be for intermediate balance, some partner work and work with props to deepen each asana progressively
During the workshop you will improve your:
– Body awareness
– Core strength
– Focus and connection to the practice
– Understanding of the traditional yoga method
Walking out of this workshop you will feel balanced (how ironic!) calm, yet energized and ready to take on the world!
Suitable for all levels of yogis!
This workshop may not be for you if suffer from: high/low blood pressure, vertigo, sinus/ear infections or glaucoma/eye. If you’re pregnant this workshop is not suitable.
Cost: Members: $35 || Non Members: $40
When: Saturday 17th Feb || 10.30am – 12.30pm