YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING BRISBANE 2021!!!
Explore yin yoga and all it has to offer with Rachel Perry this October, hosted by Yoga Everyday.
We will delve into the theory, techniques and key poses of yin, deepening your understanding of the
physiological and psychological benefits of this deep stretch, slow-paced style of yoga.
While “yang” movement practices such as vinyasa, focus on your muscles, yin yoga targets deep connective tissues; fascia, ligaments, joints and bones. Poses are supported with props and held for longer periods of time, offering a deep stretch and space to turn inward, tuning into your mind and your body’s physical sensations. Yin yoga is the perfect balance to the fast pace of modern life and an excellent starting point for anyone interested in meditation.
During this teacher training/ immersion, you will learn how to slow down, increase flexibility and reduce stress, in a way that will allow you to share the practice of yin with others.
- Overview of the practice, philosophy and principals of yin yoga
- Exploration and detailed instructions for practising and teaching common yin yoga poses
- Physiology and anatomy overview – including discussion regarding the significance of skeletal variation, individual differences and limitations of movement.
- Prop use, pose modification, “rebound” and countermovement.
- Introduction to mindfulness and mediation
- Practising and teaching with intention and attention
This training is suitable for all lovers of yin! Whether you are a teacher wanting to extend your skill set, a student just beginning to discover the practice or are a long time practitioner looking to deepen your understanding.
Yoga teachers already possessing a 200hr teacher training certificate will be qualified to teach yin upon completion of this training.
Dates: Run over two weekends: 23-24 & 30-31 October
Time: 9am-5pm Saturday & Sunday both weekends
Cost: $550/$495 early birds pay before 31 Aug