YOGA STUDIO MANAGER – PART TIME 20-25 hours (approx.)
** NOW FILLED ** We have an opportunity for a Part Time Studio Manager to join our team, as our current Studio Manager is moving onto a new role… as a Full Time Mum! We therefore need a passionate, energetic, organised, community minded person to join our team, and take over this super important role!
We are a Yoga Studio with a few differences……our goal is simple –we want to make Yoga accessible to everyone… new, old and never tried yogis…and that means you would be in charge of ensuring this vibe continues and grows! That every person is welcomed, that our studio and impression to students is seamless, organised, energetic and inspiring.
Check out our facebook or instagram account to get a feel for our vibe and our community 😃
There is lots to tell you, about our studio, our plans and where you might fit in, but here is a brief overview of what you could be doing in this role
- Studio Operations – full responsibility for ensuring the studio runs the way it needs to and that we are fully stocked, looking polished and ready to be the best inspiring space we can be
- Teacher Management & Administration– this means supporting and encouraging our teachers to be the best they can be, as well as ensuring they are delivering to our message and organising covers, timetable changes plus finding new amazing teachers to join our team!
- Full sales responsibility – from reception through to systems, you’ll be the face of the studio, and you’ll be responsible for ensuring attendance levels are up and involved in brainstorming and driving sales opportunities and ways to deliver more value to our amazing student base
- Social Media, Marketing & General Enquiries – you’ll help with the social media & communication side of the studio! This will include coming up with social media ideas, handling all the enquiries and communication and as a brand ambassador, you’ll always be wearing your marketing hat and thinking about how we can do more and be better!
So in summary, you’ll be busy! This is quite an autonomous role, with a heavily responsibility for getting on with the job. You’ll be liaising directly with the Owner, and you’ll have a great handover from the existing Studio Manager, BUT you’ll essentially be given the responsibility and autonomy to deliver and make this role your own.
This means lots of multi-tasking, wearing different hats, rolling your sleeves up, working flexible hours and having a great time within an amazing community.
………So – if you are feeling excited – and you want to join a passionate team who want to make a difference to peoples lives then we’d love to hear from you!
Skills & Experience wise, we are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 2 years of real business operations experience, running a small business or team or a division within a bigger business.
- Loves Yoga. If you are a Yoga Teacher that is a huge benefit but it’s not necessary. A passion and strong understanding of yoga IS essential.
- Extremely strong administration and organization skills. You will have worked in an office based role before, working extensively with systems, spreadsheets, be savvy on social media and used to teaching yourself new systems and skills. You’ll have a high attention to detail and a great memory, and you’ll be used to managing and following yourself up to ensure everything gets done
- Leadership/Management experience – you will have supervised people before and you would have enjoyed the challenges that come along with managing different personalities
- Decision Making Skills – you will have worked in a role before where you were reasonably autonomous, where you’ve had to make decisions. We’ll have your back, and you’ll have lots of support, but you’ll be responsible for getting on and making it happen
- You’ll have loads of energy and care about your own health and fitness
- You’ll be friendly, outgoing and genuinely care for others
- You’ll be available and happy to work flexible hours, including weekends (not all day all weekend – don’t worry) and available over the Christmas Holidays.
If the above sounds like you and you are wanting to a role with a small business who rewards loyalty, responsibility and accountability, encourages fun, and happily incentivises new ideas, revenue generation and going beyond the call of duty – then you should apply by following these instructions. Please send your CV and attach a covering letter answering these questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you don’t answer these questions your Application won’t be considered.
- Please briefly summarise your most relevant experience for this role?
- Please tell me what parts of the above got your attention? Tell me the 2 bits that ‘stood out to you’ and got you excited?
- Tell me about a difficult situation you faced when it came to running a business, or managing people. What happened, what made it tricky and what did you learn?
- We can’t all be great at everything. Which parts of the above will you need to learn or develop your knowledge in… and how would you plan to do that?
- Why does a part time role suit you? Please tell me about your lifestyle, other commitments, current work etc.
- What are you looking for in a job?
- What makes you the perfect candidate?
- Anything else you’d like to tell us?
Thanks for your time. All applications will be responded to, and we appreciate the time you have taken to complete this application. Please be patient with us in the meantime 😃